Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ah ha!

I have to tell you about the ah ha! moment that I had on Thursday. I now understand a whole lot better what Prof. Sexson has been trying to teach us this whole semester. I went and listened to E. O. Wilson and a panel of scientists talk about the human prospect. It was all very interesting, but what caught my attention was when one of the scientists called himself a "Cassandra." That made me sit up and go, "oh my goodness, I totally know what he means!" We have been learning about how we need to remember all of these things that we have forgotten by learning the classical texts. At that moment, I remembered something that I had forgotten before I had been born. My world was much more complete and fulfilling. It was an amazing moment and hilarilous at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment