Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cupid and Psyche



Some of the coincidences that I have experienced this semester are amazing. Such as the fact that not too long ago we had to read the story of Cupid and Psyche for class and last Friday I had to perform an entire presentation about the frescoes by Giulio Romano at the Palazzo del Te, which are about Cupid and Psyche. The entire ceiling of one of the rooms depicts the story of Psyche and the center image is their wedding. The image that I posted below is of their wedding feast. I thought that is shows how fascinating the world is. I had a much deeper understanding of the frescoes when I presented and I could picture the story in my head better when we talked about it in class. What are the chances?

Here are some other images from the presentation. I just really, really liked them and thought I would put them on. They show the giants being crushed by the mountains that they were building in order to take over Mount Olympus.







No comments:

Post a Comment